PS2 Trouble!

hmm. Mine does that. I got one of those lense cleaning CD's and it seemed to sort it out OK. Try one of them

Mine did the exact same thing. I cleaned it with a cleaning disk and it works fine now. Loads up pretty quick, although I have the HDD so it takes a little longer then normal, but there is still a small clicking sound every now and then. Try cleaning it before anything else IMO. Also if you do send it back to Sony I do know they are really fast about getting it back to you. A buddy of mine sent his back for some reason and decided to buy another PS2 so he was not without one while his was being repaired. He got his back in less then 2 weeks if I am not mistaken. Maybe a little more then that but not much.

Yeah, i advise to send it to Sony to get it completly fixed in that case, to remove any issues.

Once you get the MOD chip though, hopefully nothing wrong will go wrong with the system since something will have to be soldered onto a board making it impossible to send back to Sony. Though smaller firms would fix it if anything else happened most likely.

If Sony's support is that good, I think I will be more inclined to get a PS3 when they arrive then :D

Kage said:
If Sony's support is that good, I think I will be more inclined to get a PS3 when they arrive then :D

I just talked to my friend and he said it took 4 weeks to get it back. Not as good as I had originally stated but still good service none the less.

Plus by the looks on the specs the PS3 will be the better of the 3 new systems. Not to try another console war. Plus I see that Sony looks to be going the same route as XBox with the online gaming. The PS3 I have heard will have something called "Playstation World." I am not sure how true that is but that is what I heard.

Yeah :D Its gonna be good anyway, and 4 weeks isn't all that bad at all considering how much they must get!

I'm not too into the online gaming feature though. i wouldnt pay for the feature, so they'd have to be a load of single player games too. This isn't the place to discuss this though really. Try the PS3 thread in the social forums :p i've posted loads there about technical demos and such

Back
Top Bottom