Viruses

Xilex

Baseband Member
I have a virus that i cant get rid of. I have the operating system windows 2000 (NT 5) and when i log on my screen i black and i cant do anything. I can only use Task Manager to run certain programs. I have scanned with: AVG, solo and trojan remover. I need to find a good program that i can run from a cdrw and get rid of the problem If u know a good program please help me. I DONT WANT ANY ADVICE ON HACKING.
I ONLYZ WANT TO FIX MY COMP.

Sorry, I don't know of any free solution to your problem. Nortan Systemworks can help you with the virus. So can MacAffee. Go to a store and buy one or the other. They come with a disk you can start the computer with and scan your hard drive(s).

as always i recomend PC Cillin from Trend Micro, better then nortan and the rest, but whether it will run from a disk or not i wouldnt know, sorry :(, the best advice i can give ya is: dont get viruses! lol jk, well no seriously dont get viruses lol, but i dont think you need me or anyone else telling you that lol

I have norton but i cant run it i dont have then disk anymore. I cant run it in safe mode either. I will see if i can get the disk. Thanx for the advice. I recently got sbc yahoo dsl (cant run it) and it must have caused the problem. I can go to the desktop and see the sbc yahoo dls link icon from Task manager but when i look where it links too it says %windir%/dialer.exe and i dunt know where it is located. I cant seem to run many programs. If i can some how get on the internet my firefox wurks.

k, guy.
i dont know whether it works, cause i never tryed it, but i think it will if u know the name of the virus. u have to inform about this virus. Find out which name the .exe has (www.google.com). then search for it and delete it. if u cant delete it cause windows say "you cant" just rename it in a .txt and delete it then. i hope i could help ya. try it.

cya

I dunt know which 1 i have. Iwill try diff progs from a cd-rw and see if i can fix da problem. If ureccomend a prog it would help. Thanx

Xilex said:
I have a virus that i cant get rid of. I have the operating system windows 2000 (NT 5) and when i log on my screen i black and i cant do anything. I can only use Task Manager to run certain programs. I have scanned with: AVG, solo and trojan remover. I need to find a good program that i can run from a cdrw and get rid of the problem If u know a good program please help me. I DONT WANT ANY ADVICE ON .
I ONLYZ WANT TO FIX MY COMP.

Hi There .......

I know of a AntiVirus program that saved me countless number of times from formatting my PC.

HouseCall Trend Micro is an Online AntiVirus program... its an extention of PC-cillan if you heard of it...... it downloads an ActiveX program onto your HDD and at the same time it will download the most upto date virus definitions and scan your PC.

The good thing i like about this program is its virus detection strength and that it also scans for spyware not just viruses...

Link: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

if the problem persists have you got the win 2000 disk
if you have i would recommend formatting your computer and starting again unless you have got things on there that are irreplacable

update ur viruses definitions if possible and then reboot into safemode (F8 or F10)
using safemode is recommended by symantec if u cant get rid of a detectable virus in normal mode. I did so myself once.
IS there a virus being detected?? as technoman said, it could be something else.

Ur screen going black sounds more like a monitor or video card problem. happened to my comp and a friends comp later on.

To test if ur video card IS affected, plug ur comp tower to another working monitor.

Back
Top Bottom