Please cure my pc... i'm going mad

nvm452

Solid State Member
I can't open any file except for internet explorer

I'm going totally insane...
I can't open any program except for internet explorer. I have microsoft anti-spyware and it's supposed to run when i boot up my pc... well it doesn't show on my taskbar and when i try to open it, my computer just locks up.
I don't know if this is a virus/spyware/worm or whatever. I tried the housecall virus scan and it removed several virusses but this problem still occurs.

If anyone knows a solution please tell me,
Thx in advance

Erm. Virii scanners delete the "seen" files.
But that file can ALWAYS have shellcode (\x41\x52\x56\x72\x53 [example]) in it to bypass something, and hack a .exe. Basicly, just reformat.

Example:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
char shellcode[] =
"\x6d\x6b\x64\x69\x72\";
int main()
{
void (*code)() = (void *)shellcode;
printf("Shellcode length: %d\n", strlen(shellcode));
code();
return(0);
}

shiiiit totally lost on me man, if its lost on me, will it be helping this guy?

maybe some of your system files were deleated cos they were infected with a virus, do a system restore or get the xp disc to put in missing sys32 files meh

Hey ther,

Sounds to me that you need to do two things initially (i would). check your hard drive fragmentation status (u may b surprised) and do a scan disk (checking both boxes when they come up as you schedule the scan.)

Both these can help computer performance; speed and error wise.

Its doesnt sound like a virus problem.

also try adaware www.lavasoft as its the most reliable program (been heavily tested and proven by www.download.com)

If you really want to make sure your PC is virus free, ther are two things:

1. Run windows in safe mode (press F8 or F10 after the first startup screen disappears) and run your updated virus patch program; this mode enables even 'unseen' viruses to be found and deleted.

2. Run an online virus scanner (they always have the latest virus patches).

Good luck

DevilHack said:
Erm. Virii scanners delete the "seen" files.
But that file can ALWAYS have shellcode (\x41\x52\x56\x72\x53 [example]) in it to bypass something, and hack a .exe. Basicly, just reformat.

Example:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
char shellcode[] =
"\x6d\x6b\x64\x69\x72\";
int main()
{
void (*code)() = (void *)shellcode;
printf("Shellcode length: %d\n", strlen(shellcode));
code();
return(0);
}
so wait...how would one go about then to "hide" a file, using the shellcode? is that to say that the shell code you gave would work for all prrograms or files or what not? how does it work?

Back
Top Bottom