Plz Plz Help!!

Ash2

Baseband Member
Hey, for a long long time now my computer has been getting slower and slower. Even the images on sites are not there anymore which is worrying.

I recently went in to "my documents" and found a load of new files created with loads of jibberish written in to hundreds of notepad files, i right clicked, went to properties and the notepad file with the contents keep getting change by modification. It's scary, i've literally hundreds of files of notepad, and then all this text in it, and when i try and delete it it doesn't let me, it comes up saying stuff like the c drive wont let me delete it. Could someone please please help, as i think i'm being hacked, there's literally hundreds if not thousands of different files with all this text written in it which i defintaly didn't create!

What's happening and how do i get rid of it, then prevent it happening again? Please help as i don't know what to do??

Cheers guys.

Maybe...

Go to this thread > and get the links to > find junk files
Also > crap cleaner
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=13801
In crap cleaner turn on all the functions and run all of the checks. In find junk files. Just scan the c: drive.
Run the adware programs also if you don't have them. Make sure you update both and double check all the settings before you run either one.
Sounds like what is called fluid systems logs. They change as the system does different things but just to be safe run the tools and do a virus scan too.

EDIT: I just reread your post. If the system when in normal mode won't let you delete a file it's most likely something in use or it needs in normal mode. Go to safe mode and do as I instructed in the section above.

As far as the amazing 'hundred files' are concerned, ill have to leave that to the moderator to fix.

But when you said that your computer is getting slower and slower and pics arent showing up in the internet anymore; i have two things to say: defrag and run the free adaware program.

I may not know much, but that seems to me, like you said, your being hacked. If the files are constantly being modified and its loads of giberish (though HTML seems like giberous to some, if one looks close enough you can find text that makes sence and what not, however HTML should allow you to delete it) since its not letting you delete it i would say its either a virus a hacker or both (usually go hand in hand) since your net is getting slow, i would say, (something similar happend to my friends comp as well, in which his anti-virus was always shut off, and his net was really slow) that the hacker, which i assume is what it is, is stealing your net, or bandwith...or something like that, anyways, if you dont already have a anti-virus program, i would definatly invest in one, the best out there im told is Trend Micro PC-Cillin, you can simply go to www.antivirus.com which will take you right there, if you already have an anti-virus though, then you should definatly scan (also at antivirus.com theres a free, online virus scan and fixer called house call, the only instalation required is an active x thing, dont worry its safe) -scan for viruses adware spyware-the works, if problem persists then i would simply recomend taking it to a computer techy. Hope that helps a little, good luck

nanashi said:
I may not know much, but that seems to me, like you said, your being hacked. If the files are constantly being modified and its loads of giberish (though HTML seems like giberous to some, if one looks close enough you can find text that makes sence and what not, however HTML should allow you to delete it) since its not letting you delete it i would say its either a virus a hacker or both (usually go hand in hand) since your net is getting slow, i would say, (something similar happend to my friends comp as well, in which his anti-virus was always shut off, and his net was really slow) that the hacker, which i assume is what it is, is stealing your net, or bandwith...or something like that, anyways, if you dont already have a anti-virus program, i would definatly invest in one, the best out there im told is Trend Micro PC-Cillin, you can simply go to www.antivirus.com which will take you right there, if you already have an anti-virus though, then you should definatly scan (also at antivirus.com theres a free, online virus scan and fixer called house call, the only instalation required is an active x thing, dont worry its safe) -scan for viruses adware spyware-the works, if problem persists then i would simply recomend taking it to a computer techy. Hope that helps a little, good luck

Don't be making new accounts to try to endorse your self.

pcmxkeith said:
Don't be making new accounts to try to endorse your self.
What are you talking about? Did you even go to that site? Its freaking trend micro's site. The link i gave simply redirects you to http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/enterprise.htm Im not tring to endorse anything, im simply giving a recomendation. Trend Micro is a very good antivirus software, far better then norton in my experience. The thread topic asked for help and i simply gave my imput. So instead of getting on my case for helping someone out, why dont you offer a solution to Ash's problem.

Once again read, Don't be making new accounts to try to endorse your self. "computer techy" if i'm not mistaken this seems like you made a new account in the effort to help your other username "computer techy"

Back
Top Bottom