windows explorer doesn't open

nvm452

Solid State Member
For some weird reason my computer locks up when i try to open windows explorer. Even when i click "This Computer" or "My Documents" my pc locks up.
I have already used counterspy and microsoft anti-spyware and they detect the following files:
Trojan.WindowsService.A
Cydoor Adware
IST.PowerScan Adware
I immediatly rebooted after the scan and even tried it without being connected to the internet. For some reason those files remain on my computer and i still can't open windows explorer after 5 reboots.

Anyone knows a solution to this problem,
thanks in advance,
Nick

[Edit] I typed C:/ in the internet explorer bar and then i simply got into my drive... but i can't open anything from the desktop nor can i open the configuration screen.

What i would personally do, is download adaware www.lavasoft.com

Its the best adaware program around and voted by www.download.com after heavy testing.

if there is still no change :( (it happened to my friends comp) u may have no choice but to format, coz if you cant open windows explorer, u cant launch internet explorer to do online virus scanning (unless u have a good antivirus program like norton), am i right?

Do you happen to get an error message saying something like 'buffer overrun process corrupted' ?

try this

that has got to suck. I suggest (if you know batch file writing) to write a batch file that deletes the files. Its really as easy as finding the files with command prompt and then deleting them. Try opening up notepad. Start->Run->cmd.exe and find the files and del them.

thecoolkidontheblock

or just boot from an alternate os that can let you del, or try safe mode...just some suggestions, you might even want to get out your windows recovery disk or see if you can grab one off the internet (google is really good about stuff like that).

Back
Top Bottom