Windows won't install

iamroot

Daemon Poster
I need Windows to do something so I tried installing it and it won't install. It will just hang with a black screen after "checking my hardware configuration". The cd-rom drive indicator isnt lighted up while my HDD indicator flashes red continuously. Anyone help?

wow that is ... well i have no idea ... do you think it could be a problem with your HDD or CD-ROM drive?

How long have you had your HDD for now?

I've managed to solve the problem. I got a copy of Win 2K which apparently can boot and then formatted my partition into NTFS. Then Win XP can install. I think Win XP can't work with my GNU/Linux filesystem or something.

i've seen many copies of xp fail to install on one machine and have no issues on another. these werent legitimate copies though ;)

I have this same issue, but its the motherboard... Which i have ruled out. But I'm glad the problems solved :)

if your Windows partition is formated to NTFS then their should not be any problems.

Glad you fixed your problem and thank you for telling us what you did to fix it :)

I don't have a clue about it not booting up. Something having to do with the mobo or the CD-drive.

As far as the HDD blinkin:

I know this might be stupid, but maybe the leds are wrong. If you switch them around your HDD led can be green and you power button can be the reset button.... kinda annoying, but it's funny when you have a guest over and want to use the PC.

Back
Top Bottom