Recommended internet security

cbachinger

In Runtime
Hi Ther!

There are many ways to protect your network or PC from hacking or virus's, etc.

But what programs are really recommended when it comes to top notch security that can keep you safer then perhaps most other 'lesser' products?

Can PC maintenance programs be used in networks to improve their performance as well; if not then what other programs can be used?

with my experience working at an ISP dont get norton. Norton has many known issues with their firewall and especialy their e-mail scanning. I would suggest sygate personal firewall (its free and works great), Spysweeper for spyware, and if you want a good free anti-virus get AVG. Norton anti-virus works great, but make sure you disable that damn e-mail scanning if you use outlook!

Well security can be a personal prefrence, i have heard both good and bad about Norton, but if you prefer to go with something that is more stable and recommended by most.

You could go with Zonealarm , i heard this firewall works very well.

i would still say Norton is your best bet ... look at reviews about 5 each on two software packages you want to buy.

i would recommend zone alarm and norton even tho it has some issues its alot more stable and user friendly

i've hears a few (not many, but enough for me) horror stories with zone alarm. Dont get me wrong, its a good free firewall...but personaly i would have to say Sygate is the best free firewall. Its very easy to use and leaves my computer hidden from the network (this is according to grc.com which is a very reliable source). If you want to see how your firewall fairs out take the test at grc.com

Back
Top Bottom