neighbors wireless connection unsecured.....

John000

Baseband Member
Basically, I just got new neighbors and they are gay and have a wireless network that is unsecured. I connected to it (linksys) with admin admin and I dont really want to ruin them, but I would just like you guys to tell me some things that I could do being connected to their network. Any suggestions?

use their bandwidth...
hijack the netwrok...
monitor traffic...

Just use a network packet sniffer.....such as Ethereal.Then you see what goes in and out of their network...passwords, email address, etc.

~ROSEBLOOD

There network is wide open and they are pretty much just asking for someone to snoop on them. I bet if you got pulled into court for it, you could get off way easy because its brodcasting to everyone and anyone could access there data. SO yeah.....I think that makes sense.

~ROSEBLOOD

haha, neighbours which dont protect their wireless is usefull isnt it? theres 5 wireless internet sources around here... its a choice... lol

ROSEBLOOD said:
Just use a network packet sniffer.....such as Ethereal.Then you see what goes in and out of their network...passwords, email address, etc.

~ROSEBLOOD

wouldnt a packet sniffer take a while since its a home network and they dont generate a lot of packets?

Yes, but if you know that they are on the computer, then you would get mostly TCP packets. But say if they worked from home....like say they work for IB[]\/[] or Micro$oft. Then there would be alot of traffic on the network. If they dont then you'll only get the TCP and the occasional UDP.

~Andrew

Or...

You could be a good nebiour and go tell them. Don't let the gay thing get in the way of doing something nice...

Back
Top Bottom