Please help.. IP address question

mwsr

Beta member
I have a friend that recently had her msn password changed by an unknown person. I was talking to the person that was on her account. I was wondering if there was a way I could get this persons IP address somehow. And possibily track their computer to a physical location. Any help would be great.

you can't track exact location but you usually can narrow it down to a city or a city that's close and their isp. unless they're spoofing.

if i really want somebody's ip address i just convince them to click a link to my web server and view the logs.

is there a way to BLOCK someone from getting your IP address even though your on their website or something? I went on a site and it said something like "haha, i now have your ip address: _________________"

i was surprised they could get it so easily, how can you block it ?

re: ip address blocking

Sorry, but I think that it is really impossible, unless...try using a netcat shell to spoof your ip address when visiting websites. It would be kinda hard to still get a internet connectio though...try using, umm, port routing, that what it's called. Try that with netcat and see if that works. try that...

thecoolkidontheblock

xstealthstriker said:
is there a way to BLOCK someone from getting your IP address even though your on their website or something? I went on a site and it said something like "haha, i now have your ip address: _________________"

i was surprised they could get it so easily, how can you block it ?

I think your refferring to those sigs. by Dana soft. The ones with the wierd characters holding a sign that says your OS, IP, and your Browser. I wouldn't worry about it. I have one, they don't get your ip it's just a command that tells you that info. They can't see it, only you.

Back
Top Bottom