Computer parts

matt_999

BSOD
hi, has anyone got all relevant parts to build a computer i.e. motherboard, RAM etc., that they are happy to sell to me? looken round £50-£100

matt

they say you can build a good system with 500 quid, which will get you relevant parts, but new. Second hand, i have no idea

Do you only want a minimum spec one to do work or play simple games on for example? As you could probably just push that sort of one for that amount.

I'm sure someone can help

i just want a crappy system something that i can use to mess around with, seeing as i have never made a comp from scratch before. Any halp would be great.

matt

Yeah that sounds kewl. Though if you get really old parts, it'll be like building a dinosaur in terms of oldness :p and new computers will look futuristic...
Especailly if someone gives you a old Pentium or Pentium 2, in which case, its a cartridge rather than a chip.

Still a good learning experience though. Good luck with it

Anyone suggest any parts?

so what will be the parts that i need? including leads etc. or will i get them when i buy the components?

matt

heatsink* the fan on top of the cpu! and thermal paste btw for the cpu
leads? wtf r u talkin about? u mean LED's? pointless lights u dont need them
fans should come with ur case make sure u get a decent case if u have aim talk to me IM me at computergen7 and if msn then computergen7@hotmail.com

The only leads I can think you'll need are some IDE cables if your motherboard doesn't come with them, and possibly (though if its only a small based system not much use) some extra molex power connectors if the PSU doesn't come with enough.

Other than that, you should be set with leads.
If it doesn't come with enough fans on the case if there are any, you can easily buy some from computer shops for about 1-2 quid each, very cheap indeed! Usually 80mm ones on old cases, though 120mm ones are becoming the standard now which can spin slower and still push as much air, though I'd check on the case you want to get before buying :)

Back
Top Bottom