I need help

q8

Beta member
hello members,

i'm anew member and i registered here becouse i really need help on something and i hope i can find it here

few days ago i was trying to make a password so my brothers won't be able to use this computer and instead of that and becouse of my littile knowledge i made a new account and changed it into limited and restricted the administrator acount.

and now I'm a frustrated person who's finding it very annoying not being able to download anything on my limited account. So i was wondering whether there is any way in which i could change a feature in order for me to be able to download or is there some way i could become an administrator again.I'm not exactly advanced in computer knowledge.

so i would be very happy and thankful if anybody could help me solve this stupid problem.

thanks alot and i'm sorry if there was any botheration :)

Anyway,when your PC booting up there have to be 2 acounts.One of them is new one,i mean with limmited rights,and the another one which is admins acount.You should to remember the password from admins acount.

Signature.My advice to all, back up before installing new software.

not sure if you can change it from the limited account, but in admin account click start > control panel > user accounts >change an account > click on your limited account > change my account type.

that should do it.

hey..
thanks for ur replies and i tried but the computer keeps telling me that the acount is restricted

Also, log onto safe mode, and log on as Adminstrator. You should then be able to modify the accounts.

If you don't know what safe mode is, it's a limited version of windows when only the core components are loaded. There is no sound and the display is in a lower resolution/colour mode.

To boot into safemode, press F8 BEFORE the Windows logo screen when booting.

You need to be quick, if you don't manage it it'll go into normal windows. But if you reboot and unplug your PC when on the windows logo scren, next time you boot ther'll be an option to boot into safe mode.

Hope this helps.

In user accounts, you can only be either an administrator or a limited user. You need to be a power user to be able to download and do other things without being an administrator. You'll have to go to Admin Tools/Computer Management/Users.

you don't understand

the computer is mine

i was trying to put a password but i didn't know how

instead of that i made the limited acount and now i don't know how to be adminstrator again, the computer keeps telling me that the acount is restricted and i do't know what does that mean and how will i fix this problem

thanks

I don't think you understand what people have been telling you. You need to go to safe mode and login as administrator and then change the password. After you successfully log in as administrator change your rights to administrator. Don't ever, ever mess with the security settings anymore.

All you needed was a password why would you change the account type? I doubt someone could really be that dumb. If you didn't know what you were doing, Microsoft provides pleanty of help with the "learn about" section in User Accounts. Which you should have read before making changes.

Most people with little computer knowledge are hesitant to make changes like that without knowing what they're doing.

If you look at the menu when editing accounts Create and Change Password come before Change My Account Type. Also even if you did manage to over look it, there always has to be at least one administrator.

accounts.JPG

Notice, limited is greyed out and check out what it says on the top. Since you "own" the box (assuming your story is true, there'd be another admin) you should know all the admins and have them fix your problem. Otherwise you're just basically asking how to privilage esculate.

Back
Top Bottom