Cannot boot from cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacitCracker46

Solid State Member
I have a Dell 8100 and cannot boot from my xp cd, I also tried my Fedora cd and can up with a message that I need to either press F1 or F2.

or F2!!!!!!!!!
make sure u went into the BIOS and changed the boot sequence to first boot from the cd drive you are using :)

When I want to get into the BIOS, I press the "Delete" key as the computer is booting.

'

technoman said:
thats the funny thing we all do!
I,m afraid I don't follow your answer, thought this forum was to try and assist other members, as I have nearly thirty years in computers, and using F1 and F2 was mentioned, I wished to inform him the proper way
its done, I really don't understand your snide remark.
"thats the funny thing we all do"
Its neither funny nor informative.

Dr Dave said:
I,m afraid I don't follow your answer, thought this forum was to try and assist other members, as I have nearly thirty years in computers, and using F1 and F2 was mentioned, I wished to inform him the proper way
its done, I really don't understand your snide remark.
"thats the funny thing we all do"
Its neither funny nor informative.

What are you talking about?

That was not a ‘snide' remark I was referring to what I do, unless you are contributing to the members post then don't post. You said your self we are meant to help the members and I try by best where ever and when ever I can.

Your contribution was "Welcome to the forums, press F1" which is
mis-information about getting into BIOS, I said press Delete which is the correct way to gain access to the BIOS ,I ought to know as I build computers. Then you said, unless you are contributing to the members post then don't post. It looks like your views are ass backwards, you have no authority to tell any member that they can't post, thats the job of the administrator, which you are not, be very careful you don't get your membership to this forum cancelled.

Misunderstanding...

Ok guys this looks like a simple misunderstanding of the question. The member states when he tried to boot from the cd it gave a message of press either F1 or F2. If memory serves, and the sun has really baked my brain today so I may not be correct, F1 is to continue and F2 is to go to setup. Or vice versa.
At any rate I would select the one that takes me to the bios setup and change the first boot device to the cd rom drive. Save the settings and exit. Should work then to boot from the cd. Don't forget to change it back to boot the floppy then the HD then the cd when you're done.

Members asking for help should word their post carefully as to give as complete details as possible. Responders should read posts carefully and ask if not clear for more detailed information. Now let's cool off and try this again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom