spyware search bar

hold on there, before you consider reformatting just think if you have recently installed any software, or if you can remember when it wasent there try system restore.

has been there before but i got rid of it. i dont know when i could of got it. i have an xp home edition disk so i might reformat.

Have you checked the Add/Remove programs app? Have you deleted your Temporary Internet Files or checked your Program Files folder?

I know it seems kind of basic, but it never hurts to ask. :)

if Microsoft doesn't find the search bar just go into your installed programs.

You can also restore IE using Microsoft Anti-Spyware

thanks. i will try the microsoft software. i dont think i need to reformat because it isnt that bad. i just need a good free spyware remover software and the one from microsoft sounds good.
:D

if i did format then i would have to put xp home on my pc because i am currently running xp pro and i only have a home edition cd. is home edition any worse that pro? i have heard different things about home. you can only use the cd once cant you? i would like to keep my home edition cd incase i need it for a bigger problem and if i can only use it once then i dont know if i will format

You can use it more than once but you should have a Pro CD if you have it installed on your Computer?

Home is not that much worse. There aren't that many noticable things down from Pro in it that most people would notice.

Has Microsoft Antispyware not sorted it?

I have the bloody thing as well. NOTHING gets rid of it. Including microsoft anti spyware.

Back
Top Bottom