Graphics card for my laptop?

Jmonty580

Baseband Member
I got a dell inspiron 5150, in september and its been fine. I got Call of duty and it works great, but I was wondering if I can get better graphics out of it than Im currently gettin. Currently I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200, i think its 32 bit. My question is can I upgrade this card? If so what kind of graphics card should I be looking at? Im interested in playing other computer games in the future and want to have a good expierience. Is it even worth it to upgrade, even if it is possible?

Some companies do that, I don't know about Dell, but if u want to change your card you should contact them to ask if they can change it, then if they do you send your laptop to them and pay for the new card / the extra money it costs compared to the one you have on the laptop (I'm not sure) and they'll replace it for you.

That sucks, guess I'll just stay with what I got. My freind is actually a PC tech guy for Dell, and he goes to people's house to make repairs. Im gonna ask him if it can be done, and if it can, I'll just have him do it for me.

I wish you people would actually search around here for this question. We get it almost weekly!

Currently there are only like 2 laptop modles that offer video upgrades. Dell is one of them I do beleive, but it's only with their top of the line gamming laptop. Something else I've noticed(and would assume it still holds true) is that the card is ONLY for video. In other words, there will be a section for the card that can be removed. If you look on yours, you have the VGA addaptor beside other ports. Now I could be wrong, as I've not looked much into it, but I would figure this would still be true...

Oh, and I've also heard the Dell's that are capable aren't really suppose to be upgraded by consumers.

Back
Top Bottom