Wireless Network Problem/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmccc

Solid State Member
Hello,
I recently hooked up 1 wireless Linksys router and 2 wireless Linksys PCI adapters into two of my desktop computers operating on Windows XP Home (PC#1) and Windows XP Pro (PC#2).

*NOTE: I'm not currently trying to use the network for internet connection sharing. I'm currently using it for File and Printer sharing!*

I can get both computers to connect to and see the network. I have enabled file/folder/printer sharing on both computers and they can ping each other successfully.

There are two problems I am having:
1. One computer (PC#2) only connects to the network if I right click the icon in Network Connections and choose the option Repair. Then it will connect to the network, but here is where the second problem occurs...

2. When I try to transfer files between the two computers over the network, it knocks one computer (PC#2) off the network and says "connection unavailable" in in notification area on my taskbar. It also does not automatically reconnect itself to the network...

I hope all of this makes sense!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

p.s.-I have not changed any of the routers default settings and I have not enabled any security or encryption... I was waiting until I get it working first.

A suggestion: load SP2 on both machines, if you havent already. Then use windows function to manage your wireless connection, not the linksys prog.

Could they have the same address? Just a check.:) Cos if they do then they will knock each other off.

Could also be that this thread is more than 3 years old ... plus the original poster has never been back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom