Defragmenting?

algu7344

In Runtime
hey all,

My brothers computer is about 8 years old, its a HP? (It says hp on the exterior) Anyway, somebody asked him if he defragments, we both wanan know what that is? Is it bad? If so, how can I go about fixing it?

hell yes, you must defrag get it done as soon as possible ... basicly if makes your drive access files faster

Basically everytime you uninstall or install something you get fragmented files. Even gaming and burning CD's fragments files. Now those fragments take up space on your hard drive and over time ruin your hard drive. I recommend doing one every week.

Very important defragmenting, i use the one built into Norton System Works 2005 thats pretty cool.

Still i am sure Microsofts version is more then good enough. HeddaLora is that the program you use?

u aint defragged ur pc in 8 years lol. i get upset if i dont do mine once a week.

:D

Well,

My cousin said that defragmenting is used for clearing history. And he said that when you defragment, it overclocks your computer and causes it to overheat, and possibly cause a fire. I called Intel, and DFi, and they said that he was right. Well, I am just a newbie, so what should do? Also, My friend is selling a defragged hard drive.. A 40 Gigubyte harddrive for sale for 85. It comes complete defragged and ready to go.

What chall think?

does anyone know of a program that tells you when your computer to defrag insted of doing it weekly?

Alguyp -- Your cousin has some misunderstanding -- all that data is not true. Defragmenting is not used for "clearing history", nor does it cause overclocking or overheating or fires.

Every time data is written to your computer or removed from your computer, fragmentation occurs. This would even include every time you read an e-mail and then delete it.

I use the paid version of Diskeeper. You can set Diskeeper to run in the background with the "set it and forget it" thing. It will constantly keep the hard drive defragged.

Back
Top Bottom