usb2 flash drive owners?

thrustan

BSOD
i am a total newbie on this, and absolutely need your opinions. i do not trust the articles from magazines or sites because i get the feeling they are paid to say nice things about it. therefore, i prefer real people answering these questions.

can you please answer the following:

1. if i bought a 128mb flash drive, do i REALLY get 128mb? or are they like hdds, i buy a 120 gb hdd and i only get 116 gb when i plug it in.

2. ever lost any files in the flash drive or file have gone corrupt?

3. any of them ever malfunction or go dead on you?

4. are there any 'bad' brands out there?

5. which brand do you own?

i have a 256mb kingston flasdrive but it only registers 240mb... i've used it for almost two months now, it has'nt let me down so far..

i have a 512mb flash stick its some off brand dont even remember the brand but it has never failed me i am always transfering files/pics from my computer to my wifes computer.
just remember when you have it plugged in your usb port and your rdy to take it out right click the icon in the right hand corner and hit remove then another box will come up hit close then it will tell you it will be safe to remove.
if you just rip it out theres a chance you will destroy the flashstick and loose everything you have on it

good luck with it

flash memory is pretty reliable and I wouldn't have any concerns about using one of those. no you won't get 128mb because it has to be formatted, and the file system takes up some space on the flash memory. you won't get the advertised storage on anything like that simply because it has to be formatted before you can use it

I like to compress files when transporting them. I find that sending them onto the USB drive is faster that way.

I own a red Lexar 256MB jumpdrive.

I have a 1GB USB 2.0 ScanDisk Cruzer Mini Flash Drive. It is awesom. Really Fast. I can take hundreds of MP3s, some movie files, etc. It has never lost a file or crashed. I would definately give it five stars and recommend you to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom