strange IP addi

easy_livin81

Beta member
hey all, I probally got a real stip question here. I was hanging out on yahoo and got a pm that came up with a strange addi in it. Nothin more than a IP addi. I closed the pm and ignored the user, but now my browser keeps opening to that IP and showing a blank page. Everything I try to do seems to lead me back to the IP. Any ideas on what can be happening?!?! Just in case you need to know, I'll list the addi, but I don't sugest clicking on it, I don't know if it's virused or what. PLEASE help me!!!

http://69.141.205.253:666

Are you using the latest version of messenger? It could be an exploit in older....or current (for that matter) versions. Try uninstalling Yahoo IM, running all your adware proggys and then running your anti-virus and see if that fixes it. You may also need to reset your homepage. Since it seems to have hijacked your homepage, it sounds like some kind of adware/malware....but then again, if it's logging into an IP, it could be connecting you to a remote computer too (I think this is possible)....which would mean it's a "script kiddie"/"hacker".
Good luck, I hope all works out!

Back
Top Bottom