Capital Punishment failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmmm good old sparky.

rakedog, if someone raped and killed your mother in a horrible way. You would want him to be let go.

Dont take peoples rights away. If the family wants the killer punished to death they will get their justice if they dont then the killer will be spared.

Dont take peoples rights away. Isnt that what you liberals teach?

The liberals teach soft justice. Lets "reform" all serial and 1st degree murderers. We all know life sentences mean they will be let out. They aren't truly life in prison. Even in Italy and France there has been a growing movement to restore the death penalty..

How exactly are the judges who voted how you wanted reflecting the will of the people? You can't really say...

And yes, you do seem to have a record of being right about predictions most of the time but that does not always mean that it is right. And please don't quote me on that, I'm just pointing out that try to be fair to all points of views.

airiox, i'd like the raper to be put in a max security prison for the rest of his life without any possibility of parole, and die in that craphole after living there for 40, 50, 60 years of regret.

rakedog said:
How exactly are the judges who voted how you wanted reflecting the will of the people? You can't really say...

Oh yes I can. For the past forty years a growing and growing majority have been for the death penalty. Support only fell during the 70s, and went back up in the 80s and 90s. All polls have showed this.

And yes, you do seem to have a record of being right about predictions most of the time but that does not always mean that it is right. And please don't quote me on that, I'm just pointing out that try to be fair to all points of views.

The death penalty in my mind is right and proper punishment. Just because you say it isn't right doesn't mean it isn't...

rakedog said:
airiox, i'd like the raper to be put in a max security prison for the rest of his life without any possibility of parole, and die in that craphole after living there for 40, 50, 60 years of regret.

Lets face it. in the US a death sentence means 20 years in a cell + death.

In no way should we punish a brutal murder to a "quiet" death of lethal injection.

But by all means, its okay to starve someone to death just cuz they cant swallow and becuase their so called husband wishes it to be so.

Sounds logical to me how about you?

Whatever giancarlo. This is ultimately becoming a battle of opinions, which really is quite pointless to fight out. I have mine, you have yours.

airiox said:
In no way should we punish a brutal murder to a "quiet" death of lethal injection.

But by all means, its okay to starve someone to death just cuz they cant swallow and becuase their so called husband wishes it to be so.

Sounds logical to me how about you?

Yep, the liberals are for "mercy" killings, while against the death penalty. They are for killing babies six months in a pregnancy, yet they are against the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom