Change start botton text

BEST JD TCR

In Runtime
Hi all, have you ever wanted to change the start botton text to what ever you wanted it to say (even more then the min of 5 letters), or change the windows bitmap on the start botton (mines a USA flag)? well your in lock. Now well Im makeing step by stey directions, you can download the program, that will let you change all I repeat all bitmap for windows, and let you change every single; error sign, warning sign, and any other wording you see in windows.
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
So you download this and ill write the directions.

ya I know about that web site but you can only replace the five letters. I can replace as much as your taskbar can handle.

ok now that you have downloaded the program, we will start. first what you have to do is
backup explorer.exe (so if you messup and you dont like the way it looks, you can
replace it.), to do this you need to go to your hard drive>Windows>explorer.exe. now
that you have found the file, make a easy to find folder backup folder (named Backup).
Now copy and paste the explorer in the backup folder, then open-up the program;
now open up the backed-up explorer. Now rename explorer like explorerhacked.exe,
then open the backed-up explorer and then go the string table>37 you will see a
start text, change it to what ever you want. Now to change the bitmap>143>1033, right click 1033 and click replace
resource then click open file to change the bitmap, then save it. Now to make this work go to run>type regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon,
then change shell to explorerhacked.exe (or what ever you renamed it) then reset.

Back
Top Bottom