Sir Bill

Re: Mr. Bill Gates...

setishock said:
As an American, Gates is not entitled to use "Sir" before his name, but he can put the initials KBE - Knight Commander of the British Empire - after his name.

Gates joins a roster of American knights that includes former presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush, comedian Bob Hope, retired U.S. Army Gen. Tommy Franks and former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
Interesting. Handn't thought of that one.

So you may all be bowing down to Bill here but i ain't. I don't think he deserves it. hes built a business empire yes, making him quite probably the best businessman in the world, but how does this make him a "Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire"?

Through making his empire he has became the richest man on the face of the earth. i simply don't see how he deserves the title when all he has really been doing has been his job.
I respect Microsoft as a company and the software it develops has reached the top for half a reason! but i do not see how this entitles him to the title.
I do not agree with him being knighted as i do not believe he has earned the title for Britain, the Unix users group says it best...
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,39143733,00.htm

original story of bills knighthood...
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39189755,00.htm

-I am particularly aware how arguments start up on this forum and how easily this could turn into one, for that reason i shall not post any more replies to this topic, i have gave my opinion-

Jay

Yes but look at what he created. He created something that has been the base for everything. Hence the name'windows', he made it able to have more then one window open. Look at laptops, OS's, look at everything, look at what the military is using, it was all derieved from the Big man gates.

no, he stole the windows Idea from Mac, who in turn had stolen it from Xerox...

yes but they alll stole it from a man named Com from Puter, lol just kidding :)

I do not think he deserves it, soemone should not be knighted just because they are famous or rich.

Everyone know that M$ overprices their software. And then they tell people it's the only good OS out there, so everyone is "brainwashed" into buying ONLY M$ products.

I don't think that, all i'm trying to say is gates was the foundation for what has become of other,better, OS's(linux) out there.

Back
Top Bottom