Help Please

Playa_17

Beta member
I recently bought this Network card from Ebay, but it didn't come with a driver. i plugged it in a PCi SLot but my PC will not detect it. i tried a different PCI Slot, but it still will not detect it, what can i do. do i need a driver to install it. It is a Wise network card. the brand name is WN-310TX. i've searched the whole internet for the driver, but couldn't find any. i currently use Win 2000.

Please help me cos i don't have any idea left in me.

it should by right detect it

does it appear in Device manager (control panel - system - hardware)

or try Add hardware (control panel - Add hardware)

if you've the name of the NIC try www.driverguide.com

as long as your running a recent version of windows (98 and up), it should detect it (even if it can't identify it). I'm afraid maybe you've got a busted NIC. Try driverguide.com though, just to be sure.

maybe it is busted

It is not in device manager, and i tried hard new hardware, but the computer couldn't even detect it. i tried plugging it in a different slot, but it still won't detect it.

so does that mean that it is busted.

its junk.. you need to get a refund.. you got screwed on ebay.. Win2k will automatically detect the card even if the drivers aren't there

It was actually autmatically configured

Thank you to every one that helped with ma problem, the card isn't actually fucked up, the computer had automatically configured and installed the card without it even showing up on the screen, maybe thats why it couldn't even detect it cause it had been installed. so to anyone else that may have my problem, check your device manager properly.

I have another problem though, my network is working OK, but only one computer can access the resource from the other, one of them can't access files on the other one, it asks for username and password whereas i didn't put any username or password on it when i created the network. i am wondering whether i have created a Client-Server based network accidentally.

how can i create a Peer to Peer network, so both computers can access each other's files and data.

thanks peoples.

Back
Top Bottom