Windows firewall VS. the competition

Giancarlo said:
Windows Firewall is quite piss poor.

I operate Sygate Pro and it is very efficient. LK goes on with his delusions. You have to be paranoid about the net. After looking at my brothers computer which was hacked into (and he was using windows firewall), I came to the conclusion you cannot be safe without Sygate or the other major brand ones.
Windows Firewall is a Brand Firewall? And a Major Brand - One of the biggest! Therefore its a Major Brand Firewall. :D

Any other Firewall is resource hogging. Especially on an AMD ;)

Has Windows ever made anything except Millenium Edition that's flawed?

Is norton firewall ok? i have stopped using it because it was blocking the wireless internet, so i have swithed over to windows firewall, is this a good idea or should i swith back to norton? if so how do i change the settings to allow it to communicate with the wireless network at school?

98 was flawed, ME is basically 98 just so you know. Microsoft puts out a lot of flawed software, just like the firewall in SP1, the sp2 firewall is supposed to have some upgrades, but i am not a fan of sp2 and choose not to run it.

Haha... I don't think I'll ever see how somebody can't be a fan of a free upgrade? :D

Many people even now swear by Windows 98 over Linux and XP! Its scary, but true. Nobody targets it anymore :D You only have to fear an attack that misses and hits you :D

i dont know anyone that swears by 98, its a horrible OS. As long as you know how to protect your system XP and linux are fine. I would rather have a MAC over 98.

Those few people would have to be crazy, but it makes some sence. I havent had the chance to play with longhorn, but im liking gentoo a lot.

The Alpha of Longhorn is not really stable :D Its not really worth playing with much. But it looks great; and the Betas shouldn't be long.

Back
Top Bottom