Virus threats?

mark thorpe

Golden Master
I have norton internet security suite, lavasoft ad aware and spybot S&D, will this be enough to keep my computer clean of viruses, adware, spyware etc? if not, is there anything i can get to decrease the chance of getting my comp infected, i have only just got this laptop and dont really want it full of adware etc. p.s. i use the mozilla firefox web browser and think that it is more secure than IE, less ads etc, is this right and is it a good idea to use this over IE?
thanks for any info
Mark.

1st of all having a good anti-virus program on your comp. is the most important thing.

Go with a well trusted name such as Norton/Mc afee/ . As long as you keep the definitions up to date , then you will be protected.

But threats can also be from not using a good firewall too. as far as spyware goes..The best ones are Spybot search & destroy/ Adaware personal edition/ & spysweeper/ you can try CW shredder & Spyware blaster to cover the bases.

once that in place, if you are still using I.E , then download the new Microsoft spyware/ I heard it's good.

Since you are not & using forefox, just make shure your settings are correct.

Even store bought computer's, have spyware on them allready...Most people didn't even know this....So use the spyware links & get that crap off your comp.

i have norton antivirus, adware and spybot S&D, thanks for the response, i shoulod be ok then? i have just bought a new laptop and dont want it to have anything on it like spyware etc. is there any other freeware that i can use to control this or are the 3 above ok?
Thanks for any info
Mark

you should be ok, with those three, but if you want to be absolutley shure you get em all, use spyware blaster & CW shredder...they are good too.

and if your using I.E for a browser, then get the new spyware program from the microsoft website.

I heard it's really good !!

i only use IE for windows update, thats all. ill try spyware blaster, sounds good.
thanks for the info
Mark

that is a very good idea, it was only the other day FireFox stopped a website from installing Spyware.

IE lets most spyware through :(

Back
Top Bottom