Wireless Broadband Router.

ItDiesToday

Baseband Member
So for the past week, ive gone through to wireless broadband routers and they have done nothing but give me headaches. With that said, I used a Linksys model and a Belkin, both Wireless 802.11 B models. The linksys model, when it was working, worked like a champ, great speeds, however, went idle/ hanged too fast, this linksys model BEFW11SW, had trouble picking up my wireless console gaming adapter for the X-Box, with trouble, i mean, I couldnt even access the wireless adapter and it also, is a linksys make!. Tech support sucked, linksys, made me wait 40 minutes just so i can hear that my 900mghz portable phone may be interrupting my connections, when in fact the portable phone is almost 60feet away in a whole different room.

After that mishap, i dusted off my old belkin wireless router, model F5D6231-4, and this one worked good, however, it gave me slow responses and speed. It did, however, add my wireless xbox ethernet adapter to the network, meaning, it worked! But still i am getting real irritated at all these faulty wireless routers, so, what i am asking is, can anyone suggest a reliable wireless router that i can use, where i wont have to reboot and mess with the settings every other hour?? If so, please post. i would appreciate it.

note: i also considered Purchasing the Netgear Wireless G router model number WGR614. in anycase, if you have any suggestions, please keep me updated, thanks.

Im a huge fan of D-Link. To try and solve your problem, try switching to 802.11a or 802.11g and see what happens. If you want incredible speeds get the D-Link router that runs dual channel and hits speeds at 108Mbps, i think it uses the a and g channels.

soo, today i purchased a netgear wireless router. so far so good. This is Netgear Model WGT624 108Mbps Firewall Router. Its pretty good, has decent wireless range, nothing like the linksys, however, been holding up good speed!! I have yet to try my wireless G ethernet adapter for my xbox live purposes, but when i do i will post up details. As of the moment, Netgear is making me real happy, as i am running dual channel B&G so there isnt that much speed that is lost when a B is connected to the network and vice versa.

However, any ideas as to why my internet sucks during evening hours??

that has to do with the ISP, what do you have for internet (cablde, dsl)? If you have cable you share a node with anywhere from 1-10 users, and in the evening when most people get home they could all be sucking down the bandwidth that you get during the day. If you have cable, thats my guess...if not i guess ill wait for your reply

I have DSL, however, tonite, it seems to be running smoothly although for the past week, i havent been able to surf during nite hours. In anycase, this is by far the best wireless router i have used yet, although pricey, it was definetly worth it. My Xbox Live wireless ethernet adapter works well with it also. Now, all i have to do is setup security and i should be set.

I would contact your ISP and see if there are any connectiong issues on their side of the modem.

ya, i spoke with them, and everything seems to be fine now, i believe there was a problem with the linksys router and the modem the DSL service company gave me. Everything runs smoothly now. I definetly recommend this specific netgear model. If only i knew what 108 MPS was, i would use that. lol.

teh further away you are from the DSL Point Of Presence the slower your connection gets and also its regulated more and you know how phone companies are.

Back
Top Bottom