IEXLORE.EXE virus?

VLe

Solid State Member
This first started when i noticed my comp lagging a bit with only winamp open. When i open my task manager everything seems fine but, i noticed two processes both called IEXPLORE.EXE. I found it odd becuase i didnt have any IE window open at the time. But thought that it was just my computer messing up on me again, like it does sometimes. So i try and end the process but when i end it something other process replaces it and then quickly IEXPLORE.EXE takes its place again. That process is sometimes called copyre~1.exe or stupid 16.exe. I thought that maybe if i restarted my comp it would just go away, but no, it decides to stay. Looking through my computer i notice a folder that shouldn't be there its called "clock poke view load". Inside the folder is the "stupid 16.exe" file and "Draw stop itch" file. The folder is found here "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data". I can't delete these files because it says that it is in use by another program....
If anyone knows what to do to fix it, besides wiping my hard drive completey, please tell me.
Specs:
Win XP
1.8 GHZ p4
256 mb of ram
20 gb hardrive

Ok, this sounds like to me a virus that attatched itself to the explorer.exe file, as is activated by it.

so to get rid of it, 1st turn off system restore, then bbot up to safe mode without the network.

once there, click start/ run/ type in regedit, and hit enter, now that you are in the registry:

< warning: changing stuff in the registry can sometimes have fatal results>

ok, highlight the little comp. at top, then go to edit/scrol down to find/ in the box wondow type in the name of the virus or in your case (copyre~1.exe), now click find next..

this will bring up all the files on your hhd that say copyre~1.exe...including whole folder's.

now highlight the file or folder, and at the top left/ click file / scroll down to EXPORT, and export it to your document folder or desktop.

now you can delete it from the registry, then click find next again....

keep doing this til the search finds no more, then go to window's folder & empty out the pre-fetch forlder.

then boot back up to windows & then turn back on the system restore.

Back
Top Bottom