Status
Not open for further replies.

pepechooboo

Beta member
I hate smartfilter,
in my office, i cant get to anything.
I heard that you could somehow get past it by changing the server IP

Please Help!

a clever way of bypassing it is by going onto www.av.com and click translate then translate the site, dont matter what languages, but ull be able to see what yopu wona see, lol!

reagrds
matt

Do some searching on google if you dont like this idea there may be a way to crack it or something. I would try using a proxy server. There is a site I cannot find but you would install it on your home computer and it would give you a website. You would use that website at work as a proxy server to get around the protection. If this is anything like BESS then you are pretty much screwed I guess... Otherwise I dont know.

--Jason :)

Edit: Found the link Circumventor

same problem here .

we have the websense filter.

actually this is one of the few sites i can still access.

ive got told that it looks on meta tags for words that are blocked like "games".

myself i couldnt acess the gaming squadsite im a member/mod of.

even when the meta tags got removed it still blocks the domain.

proxy avoidance is one of those words that get filtered.thos proxy sites also use metatags probably .thats just the thingy that makes google find it. '

so a proxy found on google is by definition worthless for this type of filter

it searches for tags as u rightly said, and due to that i cant myself see an easyish way around it! but theres got to b a way, cuz if theres a will theres a way!

regards
matt

if you change the proxy server in your browser that will work for some filters. When i was in high school they had websence and all i had to do was go to www.google.com then traslation tools then translate the webpage iwanted from any language to english and it would let me view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom