'recycler'

miniman

Solid State Member
Hi,

In my computer\C:\ I have a folder called 'recycler'. What exactly is that for? I'm asking, because the antivirus program is indicating a virus in that file. I'm trying to delete it but when I click on delete, it won't let me! Any help please?

thx.....

Delete the Virus from the Scanner? Not in the Explorer - or go in the Recycler and find the file and delete it. Its for System purposes - which is why you can't delete the folder.

Yes I tried to delete it from the virus scanner but when I check in the 'recycler' folder it is still there. And when I try to delete the file from there it tells me: Cannot delete Dc12: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Thanks and more suggestions and help is welocome.

Ok, do you know the name of the file ? if you do...then bootup to safe mode by pressing the f8 button repeatedly right after your comp. logo dissapears....

then scroll down to safe mode without networking...

once there go to the where the file is or where the icon is & right click it.....then click properties. then click on advanced.....and untic the check marks....then go back and click appy.

now go to the registy & delete it from there: to do this click start/run/ type regedit & hit enter.

this is the registry, now highlight MY COMPUTER & then click EDIT/ then scroll down to FIND ....

once there, put in the name of the file you want to delete & hit find....this will search the entire registry for that specific file. once it finds it highlight it & export it at the top by clicking file / scroll down to export.

now that you have a backup, delete it, then click FIND NEXT....this will continue the search til it finds another area where that file is....

continue as before doing the same thing over and over til it says (no more can be found)

your done, now it should be gone from all area's of your hhd. & now you can delete the backups, once you have tested your comp. to see if all is back to normal.

I'm having this problem with my Recycle bin itself. It looks full, but then I'll right-click -> empty, and I get the message telling me I can't delete Dc12. If I open the bin, there's nothing in it, even if I set the folder options to show everything. This is pretty annoying, since I have to go into the bin and tell it to delete files manually instead of just emtyping it as normal. Any ideas?

try booting up to safe mode again, double click the recycle bin. now right click the flie dc12, and then properties. then click advanced tab.

Note: if you cannot see it in there, open up any folder, at the top click on Tools/ folder options/ view tab... scroll down to where it say's display hidden folder's and put a mark in the box.

in there untic the boxxes & click apply, you should be able to delete it now.

Back
Top Bottom