linksys wireless cutting out

bstrrrrt

Beta member
The thing is supposed to work. I bought, its hooked up so why does it cut out!!!! Is there a download, some other over priced component I dont know about? Any wireless improvement tips? Is the recieving computer ever gonna be close to the host computer?

where did you put your router? make sure you put it on the top floor, so the signal will be more spread out throughout the house. try and upgrade the firmware also

And make sure your neighbors arent using wireless also. They're signals maybe interfering with yours (especially if they have a range extender).

Older houses don't mix well with wireless signals either, so that might cause it to cut out.

Yup. Unless you're using a laptop, just stick with regular ethernet cables.

great news

Sorry I had to go out of town but reading your replies makes me real happy I've purchased a non refundable wireless router so when I moved into the BASEMENT of my freinds house we could share the net connection. Our house is real nice, but guess what, it's OLD. From what I gather my best case scenario is to buy a WIRED router setup, or move the host computer upstairs? What does filmware updates do?

Firmware is what runs and controls your router. Obviously, a firmware update will update that.

Back
Top Bottom