problem caused by virus

flynny

Beta member
gday all, i recntly had a virus on my comp now, when i have the net on, i cant acess hotmail at all and more importantly, i cant acess most secured sites i continually get a message saying (The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. )

does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this. thanks

Could be spyware also, download Ad-Aware

This is a long shot but try this-

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

hotmail problem

gday all, i have the secured site setting thing now fixed, howevea anything to do with hotmail will not wokr on my computer, i beleive i had a virus the virus is now gone, but it has changed something in the computer that doesnt allow me to use hotmail, i serached this probelm up on another forum, and there is 100s of other people with the same problem, and its being going on for about 4mths, i have found away to search my emails by importing my hotmail account through outlook. but as far as messanger or anything else is concerend it does not work.
i have messaged hotmail, they dont even reply, as they didnt reply to the other people on the forum either, ahh its very stange problem, dont know if anyone has a idea how to fix it, i have tried ( hyjack this, ad -ware, spybot, shredder, u name it i have done it.)

Can you access your hotmail account from other computers? If you can, I would suggest either two things...

A: Completely uninstall IE and reiinstall it.

Or

B: Get Mozilla Firefox and uninstall IE anyways.

Both of these ways should eliminate your problem.

If you can't access your account through another computer, then something is wrong with your account. In that case I would suggest contacting hotmail.

thanks dude, i ended up downloading avant browser and now everything works fine, although my computer still has many gliches in it like my computer wont recognise my digital camera, tell me nero burner is a demo, brrrrrrrrp bloody viruses

Back
Top Bottom