Ping of Death

jerrylittle said:
Can someone please tell me how you can cause the Ping of Death that I have heard about.

This really dosen't have a great effect on most systems today unless you are doing it from a number of machines. Lots of worms and viruses still use ping to preform simple denial of service attacks. I am suprised people are still talking about "ping of death." :D

Jordie

Jordie said:
This really dosen't have a great effect on most systems today unless you are doing it from a number of machines. Lots of worms and viruses still use ping to preform simple denial of service attacks. I am suprised people are still talking about "ping of death." :D

Jordie
Thanks for the input Jordie!

jerrylittle said:
Thanks for the input Jordie!
I can say this. When I ask them to take me off their list and they don't and I send them 6.000 emails for a few nights. It seems real strange to me that it always gets my point across. I seem to never hear from them again.

Jordie said:

Jordie
But I know from you all it does nothing exept annoy them with the spam I send them. But it does what I am looking for to get my off their list!

jerrylittle said:
But I know from you all it does nothing exept annoy them with the spam I send them. But it does what I am looking for to get my off their list!

No. I think you get the wrong idea about what a denial of service attack is. A denial of service attack is when you send so many request to a computer it gets overloaded and crashes or something to that effect. If it dosen't crash it may make the computer you are attacking go slower then usual. You need to know that doing this kind of attack, even if it is with ping, is illegal in the United States and other countries in the world. I don't recommend you doing this. If you want to do something to get back at them then do a whois on the domain, find out who is hosting them or who their isp is and report them for spam. That is the most effective method.

Jordie said:
No. I think you get the wrong idea about what a denial of service attack is. A denial of service attack is when you send so many request to a computer it gets overloaded and crashes or something to that effect. If it dosen't crash it may make the computer you are attacking go slower then usual. You need to know that doing this kind of attack, even if it is with ping, is illegal in the United States and other countries in the world. I don't recommend you doing this. If you want to do something to get back at them then do a whois on the domain, find out who is hosting them or who their isp is and report them for spam. That is the most effective method.
I hear you. only problem is they change their numbers I cannot ever find them correctly through whois when I send emails to the admin I still get spam. I send them 6,000 emails a night I NEVER GET SPAMMED BACK.

jerrylittle said:
I hear you. only problem is they change their numbers I cannot ever find them correctly through whois when I send emails to the admin I still get spam. I send them 6,000 emails a night I NEVER GET SPAMMED BACK.

You do know you are still breaking the law. You are basically mailbombing an organization or person(s). This is also illegal in many places in the world including the United States. I suggest you get a new email account and take no further action against this person(s) or organization sending you spam.

The best way to get back at spam is to report them, blacklist them and ignore them. :)

Jordie said:
You do know you are still breaking the law. You are basically mailbombing an organization or person(s). This is also illegal in many places in the world including the United States. I suggest you get a new email account and take no further action against this person(s) or organization sending you spam.

The best way to get back at spam is to report them, blacklist them and ignore them. :)
Ya your right. Would I have to close my account with whom I am now with? or can I change my email address with them?

Back
Top Bottom