Extracting the SAM file

You can copy it just like a regular file through the shell. But my problem is that you cant eject the cd and still use knoppix. And I can't afford a USB thumbdrive.

The SAM file is larger than a floppy disks.

So if anyone knows of any bootable OS's that can allow you to remove the cd and burn that would be great.

How big is it? Why can't you use my suggestion and just email it to yourself?

It's not likely you'd be able to burn a CD while running a CD-based distro. It's not theoretically impossible, but it's difficult enough and mostly-useless enough that I don't think anyone has tried it.

I tried emailing it to myelf. When I tried uploading it, the browser only let me upload files that were on the disk. Not the HD.

That's odd. In any case, you should be able to simply copy it onto your desktop and upload from there.

Why not just connect another CD drive?

I am not sure if you can do this but you could maybe make a RAM Drive and then run the Bootable OS off of the RAM drive. I think that would be pritty hard though because your RAM clears each time you restart the computer.

What you do is launch knoppix, and there is a program on it, i'll find it out in a bit, you launch it and you overwrite ones of the hashes with your password. Now you go onto the windows partition, and go into the account you changed. Now you extract the SAM.

BTW, in case you're wondering why you can't just leave off with the account that you have your own password to now, that's because you won't be able to get any files that have been encrypted with windows unless you get the original password.

update: Done some research, friend of mine says the program on knoppix is called chntpw .

SAM Inside

When / If you extract the sam file make sure you get the system file to. It is in the same dir. Then use SAM Inside to crack it almost garunteed. I have tried cain and able before and SAM Inside did what Cain couldn't

god ppl its not that hard!

guys its not hard thers only bin one guy who noes what to do on this message board. use jack the ripper to crack the sam fiule and to get teh hashes all u need to do is go to

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

and download the bootable disk onto a floppy then u take this floppy put it in ur floppy drive if u guys noe what that is and u start up ur comp u all should no this and if u dont dont bohter leaving stupid messages!

Back
Top Bottom