Computer Problems HELP!

Kevo121989

Beta member
Hey,
On my HP Desktop Computer I am having problems. When I turn it on it will load up XP and my personal settings. After that it then just shows the background and loads nothing else. How can I solve this problem.
PLEASE HELP

Kevin

CTRL + ALT + Delete

End any program that is not responding. Otherwise, wait for a while. If it still doesn't work, reinstall the OS

Have you tried loggin in with another user/admin account? Then you can fix any problems with your profile/

There are no other accounts on this computer. I am wondering if there is just something running in the background. It is just like this though. I turn it on. It shows XP loading up. Then it just shows my background and that is it.

Kevo121989 said:
There are no other accounts on this computer. I am wondering if there is just something running in the background. It is just like this though. I turn it on. It shows XP loading up. Then it just shows my background and that is it.
Press ctrl + alt + del to see what is running in the background slowing it up.

Well I press it and nothing is running. Well I was downloading something on the internet and it hung up and I had to turn it off and then it started doing this. I have had this happen before. I forgot how I fix it though.

can you boot-up to safe mode? if you can, then you can log-on to the administrator acc. and change settings for your profile.

you can check the start-up menu ,by click run/ & type msconfig/ start tab...

check for anything that looks like it's shouldn't be loading up.

also you may want to run your anti-virus...
it's a good idea to turn off your system restore 1st though.

then after the scan /boot back up & turn back on.

Back
Top Bottom