Funny Stuff

FuRgy

BSOD
Hehe, At least im not as nooby as them :)

Customer: I'm having a problem installing your software. I've got a fairly old computer, and when I type INSTALL, all it says is 'Bad command'
Tech Support: Ok, check the directory of the A: drive. Go to A:\ and type dir
Customer: here is a list of file names including INSTALL.EXE
Tech Support: All right, the correct file is there. Type INSTALL again
Customer: Ok. (pause) it still says 'Bad command'
Tech Support: Humm. The file is there in the correct place. It can't help but do something. Are you sure you're typing I-N-S-T-A-L-L and hitting the Enter key?
Customer: Yes, let me try it again. (pause) Nope, still 'Bad command'
Tech Support: (now really confused) Are you sure you're typing I-N-S-T-A-L-L and hitting the key that says Enter?
Customer: Well, yeah. Although my 'N' key is stuck, so I'm using the 'M' key. Does that matter?

Customer: I'm having trouble installing Microsoft Word
Tech Support: Tell me what you've done
Customer: I typed 'A:SETUP'
Tech Support: Ma'am, remove the disk and tell me what it says on the disk
Customer: It says '[PC manufacturer] Restore and Recovery disk'
Tech Support: you should insert the MS Word setup disk
Customer: Which disk is that?
Tech Support: Did you buy MS word?
Customer: Nope...

Customer: I need help unpacking my new PC
Tech Support: What exactly is the problem?
Customer: I can't open the box. I don't even know where to start.
Tech Support: Well, I'd remove the tape holding the box closed and go from there.
Customer: Uhhhh...ok, thanks.

Tech Support: I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop.
Customer: Ok.
Tech Support: Did you get a pop-up menu?
Customer: No.
Tech Support: Ok. Right-click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?
Customer: Not at all.
Tech Support: Ok, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?
Customer: Sure, you told me to write 'click' and I wrote down 'click'
Tech Support: Ok, did you type 'click' with the keyboard?
Customer: Yes. Oh man! I've done something stupid, huh?

Customer: I get an 'Access Denied' message every time I log in.
Tech Support: Ok. Please, make sure you have typed your username and password correctly.
Customer: Yeah, they are correct.
Tech Support: Ok. Type them again. (pause) What did you get?
Customer: 'Access Denied' again.
Tech Support: OK, let's try once more, but now use lower case letters.
Customer: But, I only have capital letters on my keyboard.
Customer: I get an 'Access Denied' message every time I log in.
Tech Support: Ok. Please, make sure you have typed your username and password correctly.
Customer: Yeah, they are correct.
Tech Support: Ok. Type them again. (pause) What did you get?
Customer: 'Access Denied' again.
Tech Support: OK, let's try once more, but now use lower case letters.
Customer: But, I only have capital letters on my keyboard.

Compaq is considering changing the command "Press Any Key" because of the flood of calls asking where the "Any" key is. AST technical support had a called complaining that her mouse was hard to control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.

Yet another Dell customer called to complain that his keyboard no longer worked. He had clearned it by filling up his tub with soap and water and soaking the keyboard for a day, then removing all the keys and washing them individually.

An exasperated caller to Dell Computer Tech Support couldn''t get her new Dell Computer to turn on. After ensuring the computer was plugged in, the technician asked her what happened when she pushed the power button. Her response, "I pushed and pushed on the foot pedal and nothing happens." The "foot pedal" turned out to be the computer''s mouse.

Another customer called Compaq tech support to say her brand-new computer wouldn''t work. She said she unpacked the unit, plugged it in, and sat there for 20 minutes waiting for something to happen. When asked what happened when she pressed the power switch, she asked "What power switch?"

well with dell its teh other way around... dell dotn even know thier own systems and whats sad is they have a dang scrpit in front of them!

Dell_ate_my_dog said:
well with dell its teh other way around... dell dotn even know thier own systems and whats sad is they have a dang scrpit in front of them!

LOL

Back
Top Bottom