Computer on 24/7?

ComputerGuy69

Beta member
I'm just wandering, how many of you leave your computer on 24/7? and for those who do, do u think it waste a lot of electricity?

its good to keap to your pc 24 7

it good to keap your pc a on 24 z because u do not get viruses

Depends what you use it for one of mine is used as my network server
so its on 24/7 thats partly because sometimes my other half goes on the net during the night if my little baby daughter has woke her up.

Meh ... I mostly leave all of mine on for a few days ... even my little 166 handles it pretty well.

Yeah, thats not much to worry about. Obviously 24/7 for weeks on end is going to start making a serious difference in performance if you don't switch it off and on; and will be noticable on the electiricity bill. But it won't damage the computer seriously or noticably. I think a month would be the longest I would like to keep it on! :D

I leave mine on for days at a time, at the moment mines been on none stop from over a week. It dont waste that much electricity i dont think (buy you'll have to ask my dad for a more acurrate answer) :D

I never turn mine off. I have my power settings set to go into hibernation mode like after 12 hours of non use.

I generally turn mine on early in the morning, then off and then leave it on for hours in the evening and turn off again until the next morning'

I have always wondered about leaving it on constantly though.

Back
Top Bottom