video card brands

sflyer

Solid State Member
I noticed that Asus, Gigabyte and saphire among others all make the Ati 9800XT 256 MB. They all have different cooling systems on them especiall the Asus card. Is there any reason why one would be better than the other. My mother board is an Asus
P4C800-E DELUXE.

Thanks

sflyer

They are all pretty much the same. IF you are happy with your motherboard, then get the Asus one.

sflyer said:
I noticed that Asus, Gigabyte and saphire among others all make the Ati 9800XT 256 MB. They all have different cooling systems on them especiall the Asus card. Is there any reason why one would be better than the other. My mother board is an Asus
P4C800-E DELUXE.

Thanks

sflyer

As David said, there really isn't much difference apart for different fans. I dont think you would get any difference in performance between an ASUS and a Sapphire, no matter what board it goes on.

Although i did heard about one brand (cant remember which) that make their cards with lower clock speeds than the others, dunno if thats true

Yeah, it doesn't really matter which you get but if you have an Asus Motherboard then you might aswell go for the Asus card to make it nice and systematic.

Back
Top Bottom