Hiya, and help

TheSickness

In Runtime
Hiya, and help needed

Im kinda new here so i'll introduce myself 1st.

My real name is Ryan

Im 17 and im nearly finished my A Levels (yey)

I know a few things about computers but not nearly as much as alot of you on here seem to know. Although i can put a computer together in about 30 mins :D I own 3 computers in this house, my main one's specs are in my signature, one of which i put together myself and one is 7 years old

Thats a little about me. I hope that i will like it here and that you dont find me too annoying

Ok, now the help i need is with my Graphics card (not really sure if it is the gfx card)

I got my Geforce FX 5600 sometime before christmas. I put it into the computer without a hitch. Went on games and there was no problems.

Then, 3-4 weeks after i bought it, something started to happen. I would go on Command and Conquer Generals, and when im in the game, the screen just goes black and it says ''No Signal'', then switches off. I can heard everything else running fine and i even get the sound from the game still. This is all random and it is not in the same place or same level e.t.c.

At first i thought it could be the power supply, so i changed the one i had (crappy 200 watt that came with the computer) to a 400 watt Pentium 4 power supply but it still happens.

This really has me stumped. Its been suggested that it might be a compatability issue between the card and the monitor (Plug and Play) but also someone said i could have a faulty AGP slot. If it is a faulty slot, that will be sorted in 2 weeks when i get my new mobo, but i was just wondering if any of you smart people here could shed some light as to why this is happening

Thanks in advance :D

I have the same problem, I have a Geforce FX 5200 and exactly the same happens to me, all I do is turn the monitor off and then back on and everything is fine again. :confused:

Xinam said:
I have the same problem, I have a Geforce FX 5200 and exactly the same happens to me, all I do is turn the monitor off and then back on and everything is fine again. :confused:
Monitor problem possibly?

Xinam said:

Yeah, but with my problem, it doesn't turn back on til i estart the computer, and the only way it will let me do that is by holding the power button it til it knocks off, then i knock it back on
:(

Xinam said:
It's quite new, a TFT monitor, works fine, it just says "no signal" every now and then?

It was said at another forum i went to a while ago that it could be a compatability problem between the card and monitor, is this true?

Re: Hiya, and help needed

TheSickness said:
Im kinda new here so i'll introduce myself 1st.

My real name is Ryan

Im 17 and im nearly finished my A Levels (yey)

I know a few things about computers but not nearly as much as alot of you on here seem to know. Although i can put a computer together in about 30 mins :D I own 3 computers in this house, my main one's specs are in my signature, one of which i put together myself and one is 7 years old

Thats a little about me. I hope that i will like it here and that you dont find me too annoying

Dude, if I found you annoying, I wouldn't have given you the link to this place. ;)

- Rocker -

Re: Hiya, and help needed

Rocker said:
Dude, if I found you annoying, I wouldn't have given you the link to this place. ;)

- Rocker -

Cool :D

By the way, the problem hadn't happened for nearly 2 weeks until last night. It seems that it does it more when i've just switched the computer on and went straight into the game, but it still does it sometimes when the computer has been on for ages.

Just a little more info :)

Back
Top Bottom