CPU removal from motherboard

David Lindon said:
Open the case and remove the heat sink. Ther will be a little slider on the side of the CPU mobo connection, flit it out and lift it up. Your CPU will pop out.

I would just like to point out that my cpu has two metal sliders . So some might but it makes no diffrence just do the same with both.

I have 2 metal tabs on each side of my processors. Are those the ones your talking about flip up and out and that should remove the processor?

Hey guys,

Well the problem hasn't quite gone away but the computer still operates. The other day i got some fatal error message with a blue screen. Okay now computer starts backup but now i keep getting this system error message "This system has recovered from a serious error".
I try ti erase it from the system log file but it keeps coming back. I think it has to do with this same problem i had posted. Well later on i find out that one of the pins in the connector was bent. It was bent to a point it was touching the other pin. Well i straightened it out as best as i could and put it back in. Well i start up the computer and still the same error message. Anyways i wanted to replace the SCSI cable with this other cable that i have. It's basically the same thing accept it has no terminator on the end. My question is will it still work?

That doesn't sound like a Hardware Fault - something on your Computer is making Windows think there is a serious error when it is turned off. When the box comes up - send the error reprot and look at what Microsoft have to say about it - that may help.

I don't know anything about Scuzzy wires - never had one before. I'm sure somebody will know about that though.

oray777 said:
Hey guys,

Well the problem hasn't quite gone away but the computer still operates. The other day i got some fatal error message with a blue screen. Okay now computer starts backup but now i keep getting this system error message "This system has recovered from a serious error".
I try ti erase it from the system log file but it keeps coming back. I think it has to do with this same problem i had posted. Well later on i find out that one of the pins in the connector was bent. It was bent to a point it was touching the other pin. Well i straightened it out as best as i could and put it back in. Well i start up the computer and still the same error message. Anyways i wanted to replace the SCSI cable with this other cable that i have. It's basically the same thing accept it has no terminator on the end. My question is will it still work?
I don't think it will work if it doesn't have a terminator.

Lord Kalthorn said:
That doesn't sound like a Hardware Fault - something on your Computer is making Windows think there is a serious error when it is turned off. When the box comes up - send the error reprot and look at what Microsoft have to say about it - that may help.

I don't know anything about Scuzzy wires - never had one before. I'm sure somebody will know about that though.

I did send the report but it came up with nothing. There are 2 error codes in the log report. One says "Service Control Manager" and the other says "System error". I try to erase the log but it keeps coming back.

Hmmm, If that came up with nothing I have no idea - I personally think too little amounts of people send the error reports so nobody has the chance to help anybody with their problems! It is annoying!

Back
Top Bottom