MY new id address

kenny2

Solid State Member
i called my internet provider and ask him for a new ip address and he tld me to shut off my comptuer for 2 mintues and then plug it back up si he can give me one. ok my question do my id address for my internet and computer have to match. it look like when i plug it back up my comptuer ip satyed the same do it supose to change if i got a new ip addres for my internet

When you access an internet webserver, and you request a certain page, you automatically send your IP with it, so that the server knows whos asking for the page and where to send it.

To find out what your IP is goto;
www.WhatIsMyIP.com

Ipconfig doesn't do much.

Anyways;
Your IP address (Interent Protocol) is one of the millions/billions of addresses out there on the Net (Not WWW), what it does is identify you and your ISP. As you surf web pages little blocks of your data are all over the WWW. Everywhere you go your giving out information to the WWW. Now if somebody were to get that information that you gave out you could be in danger. www.IPChicken.com tells you your IP and your ISP. If you go to www.Proxz.com you can get free proxies that will hide your identity a little. Only a little though. Proxies do nothing more than hide your identity but you are still leaking your information on somebody elses website/computer/etc.

you can get a static ip if u need to access your computer externally

OR use no-ip.com if static IP not available

jack

Back
Top Bottom