Mysterious Reboot

Xinam

In Runtime
Just happened... browsing the forums and then boom... my pc reboots itself. I get the infamous blue disc checking screen and it truncates 3 files, whatever that means! Any ideas what caused it? Nothing else electrical went off, so it couldn't have been a power failure?

:confused:

Xinam said:
Just happened... browsing the forums and then boom... my pc reboots itself. I get the infamous blue disc checking screen and it truncates 3 files, whatever that means! Any ideas what caused it? Nothing else electrical went off, so it couldn't have been a power failure?

:confused:

Check the Power supply that goes into the back of your computer. Not the plug that goes into your plug socket in your wall, but the socket on that goes into the back of your computer ... It may be loose, it's happened to me before.

Rocker said:
Check the Power supply that goes into the back of your computer. Not the plug that goes into your plug socket in your wall, but the socket on that goes into the back of your computer ... It may be loose, it's happened to me before.

Seemed quite secure, but it could've been that I suppose. Bloody annoying either way! :mad:

Over heating? Are you fans working? Most boards now have this feature to stop you from frying your CPU if it gets hot.

David Lindon said:
Over heating? Are you fans working? Most boards now have this feature to stop you from frying your CPU if it gets hot.

Yeah, my fans are running, but my pc has been on for about 3 days straight, been downloading Matrix Revolutions (which is an incredibly disappointing movie by the way!), so it could have been running a bit hot. But who knows! :(

David Lindon said:
Ummm. I don't even want to comment. Just buy the movie!

I know I know, piracy and all that and I do buy them if I like the movie, cos downloads are always crappy copies with naff sound. I bought Terminator 3, Matrix Reloaded and X-Men 2, after 'previewing' them off the net! So i'm not that bad really. :rolleyes:

Yeah! Don't we all from time to time download movies? If I like it or think its worth buying then I'll buy it - if I'm ok with the quality then I won't! Downloading Lord of the Rings right now - in the form of 4 CD sized .mpgs; but that won't stop me from buying the DVD when its out!

Have you tried windowsupdate.microsoft.com? Or when it boots up again does it come up with a send error report? If you do that and they've worked out the problem then it may tell you what's wrong - if they haven't then it wil help them tell you and others having the same problem!

No error reporting or anything, it just restarted as if nothing had happened.

Back
Top Bottom