Windows XP SP2

Xinam said:
Apparently coming in the summer, and will be the last major windows update until Longhorn in 2006...

Features:
IE is finally getting pop-up blocking and there'll be an improved firewall, will support the Bluetooth wireless standard; DirectX 9.0b; Windows Media Player 9 Series; and unified wireless local-area network client, enhanced file attachment handling in Outlook Express and Windows Messenger: Outlook Express will no longer download external content (such as graphics) in HTML mail by default.

Screenshots: http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/windowsxp_sp2_preview.asp

I read somewhere that it's gonna be 222mb?! That can't be true, surely! If so, that's one huge update!

222Mb is not bad at all, in fact I'd like more! Hussar for Windows, and I cannot wait to get it

Longhorn, however, is going to be far superior to anything every brought out, and superior to all OS opposition until Windows Blackcomb afterwards! XP SP2 has been far too long if you ask me

Yes, why not! Long live Windows! Short of installing Windows, waiting for service packs is the best bit! :rolleyes:

lol, see, Xinam has the idea!

But; Office, Internet Explorer, DirectX, ansd all the other microsoft programs are al the same amount of fun to wait for!

What's wrong with liking to update software? Its the most fun thing ever created!

Has anybody else seen the new Office 2003? Its bloody good - got it a couple a days ago and I don't think I could without it now!

Technically no, nothing anybody would use on a day to day basis on most of the Programs. Graphically however it is fabulous to the point of real and truthful beauty - it is very nice. Outlook is the best difference - and now I don't believe I could actually live without it and go back to Outlook XP!

Back
Top Bottom