I Need Some Quick Help Plz!!!!! :(:(:(

mindkontrol

Beta member
ALL OF MY "APPLICATION EXTENSION" .DLL files have been deleted by ZoneAlarm and I'm having a hard time getting anything to work. I've been working hard, downloading the missing .dll files back into my "C:\windows\system\" folder... it all started with the program "services.exe", so I downloaded it from www.webattack.com and I thought I'd be done searching. I put the .exe prog into my system folder and tried to run a program and it then said I was missing more .dll's!!!! I've downloaded and downloaded...and after replacing about 6 .dll files, I have come to a dead end because this particular file "advapi32.dll" that the prompt says I need but already have cannot be replaced with another "advapi32.dll" because the corrupt one (the first one I mentioned) is being used by windows... I have to keep resetting my computer on and off because the ZoneAlarm .dll "vsmon.dll" keeps restricting my internet access after I've been on the web for about 4 minutes... Are there steps or some type of command or method to get around "Cannot delete ADVAPI32: The specified file is being used by Windows" error? :( x100, will some1 plz with a kind heart help me...plz...

To stop windows using it, stop the serive in task manager. Have you tried extracting the dlls from the windows cd?

mindkontrol said:
ALL OF MY "APPLICATION EXTENSION" .DLL files have been deleted by ZoneAlarm and I'm having a hard time getting anything to work. I've been working hard, downloading the missing .dll files back into my "C:\windows\system\" folder... it all started with the program "services.exe", so I downloaded it from http://www.webattack.com and I thought I'd be done searching. I put the .exe prog into my system folder and tried to run a program and it then said I was missing more .dll's!!!! I've downloaded and downloaded...and after replacing about 6 .dll files, I have come to a dead end because this particular file "advapi32.dll" that the prompt says I need but already have cannot be replaced with another "advapi32.dll" because the corrupt one (the first one I mentioned) is being used by windows... I have to keep resetting my computer on and off because the ZoneAlarm .dll "vsmon.dll" keeps restricting my internet access after I've been on the web for about 4 minutes... Are there steps or some type of command or method to get around "Cannot delete ADVAPI32: The specified file is being used by Windows" error? :( x100, will some1 plz with a kind heart help me...plz...

*Cough*

Thats what you get for using such a crap firewall.:D

... *cough* ...

Pop in your XP cd.

at the run prompt type

sfc /scanonce

This will prompt you to reboot the machine. at system boot up the computer will scan your system and replace any system files that are missing or damages..

Then after thats done do your windows updates.

test edit

Back
Top Bottom