PHP form w/ formatted printable output?

jessa_lee

Beta member
Problem: We have about 5 different paper forms for users to fill out when they need new hardware, upgrades, software access & security changes, new hires setup, etc... The forms are always needing to be changed and reprinted, and there are always old copies laying around getting used, prividing invalid information, and a lot of stress.

Hope: I want to create 1 (ONE) PHP form to put on the company's intranet for users to select their way through to get exactly the options they need to print out on one form, with selections and input entered, so they can print it off and collect the necessary Exec.'s signatures. No more old versions floating around, no more writing the info on the wrong form or in the wrong sections!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm somewhat proficient in PHP, I just need a base to start from and any pointers that you can offer.

Thanks all!!
Jessa

Well, start out with a variable which will be called from a querry string. If the variable is not present (I.e. null, 0 etc.) Ask the user which one, which runs an url *?Forum=1 or 2 etc depending on what form they want. Then just use simple if statements to print basic HTML for the layout for the layout of the form you want.
Have you got that?

Now I'm interested! I have always been interested in the PHPs in many websites; including this one and the ASPs in many other websites; like Microsoft ones.

What has specifically made me interested is the ?; how do you get this to find the right page? Are the pages it gets from the ? in HTML?

How is PHP different from other Languages?

Back
Top Bottom