PHP files

Josh728911

Baseband Member
I was setting up my new website and was planning on putting a forum on it.
I uploaded the files for phpBB2 and everything worked fine until I got to the "http://www.mydomain.tld/forum/admin/ " step. The download window pops up but when i download the php file it will only execute in dreamweaver. The setup for my forum will not run. I am new to web design and have no idea where i went wrong.

Any help is appreciated

Php is not installed on your webserver.

Do you host your webserver locally on one of your machines, or do you subscribe to a webhosting company?

A) If you host it locally, you can install PHP locally on your machine pretty easily. Just google how to.
B) If you suscribe, your current package does not include PHP, and if it doesn't include PHP odds are it doesnt include MySQL either (both are needed for forums). Contact your subscriber to upgrade your package if you really want them. Or, you can get a free forum from one of the many forum hosting websites out there and link to it from your webpage. This although looks much less professional as you dont get FTP access, and you cannot setup the layouts to be uniform with the rest of your site.

Back
Top Bottom