MYSQL Trouble

Andrew2020

In Runtime
What does this mean? How can I fix it. (this is what happens when I try to set up my forum)

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in D:\WebSites\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\WebSites\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\WebSites\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

it means exactly what it says...

the version of the server doesn't suport the way that you are authenticating with it...

is this your server or webspace you've bought? if it's your server I'd sugest upgrading the version of MySQL you run...

f it's bought hostnig I suggest you apply preassure for the database to be upgraded by the hosting company...

are you sure that when installing the forum you selected the right database type and version?

try looking at the administrative pane and seeing if you can chage that...

what forum software are you trying to install, and what MySQL version do you have?

root said:
are you sure that when installing the forum you selected the right database type and version?

try looking at the administrative pane and seeing if you can chage that...

what forum software are you trying to install, and what MySQL version do you have?

I have MySQL version 5 and phpbb version 2.0.15. But now I haveing another problem.

An error has occurred during installation
The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose
How do I configure my php for that SQL databace. Do you know of a good site that with some good tutorials.

hmm, I've read in a few places that PHPBB doesn't support MySQL 5 since it is so new...

(certianly it didn't work fr me when I tried) version 4 works just fine though...

Also are you sure you selected the right database type when installing the PHPBB software?

Back
Top Bottom