LaTeX anyone?

bhetajones

Solid State Member
I know it's not necessarily a web programming language, but it is a programming language and can be used to program professional content on a website.

Does anyone use it around here and know the language?

If so, what editor do you use? I happen to use WinEdt

I don't use it and I don't know if many people do. Seems like you could use php and execute C code just as easily if not easier.

Notepad++ does support it, and I would think would be a nice editor.

I used to use it for things like equations, but now rarely do even for that. I'd only ever use it for scientific document creation / editing and these days I just use Word of all things. No, seriously. It's evil - but I consider it the lesser of 3 evils (LaTeX and OO being the other 2.)

It was more useful before decent WYSIWYG editors came about, now it just feels like writing in code when it's not required.

I was not aware that LaTeX could be used for website content - I typically only use it when creating pdf documents and reports. The editor I use for that is TexMakerX, which offers some nice features like autocompleting commands and highlighting any errors in the code. It can sometimes highlight "errors" that aren't really there, but it will usually compile fine regardless. But this is for making pdfs - I've never used it exclusively for website content.

TeXworks, Programmer's Notepad, WinShell, Emacs and Notepad++ also support LaTeX, so those would also be some other alternative editors.

No I am using the Macromedia Dreamweaver. It is the most used editor for not any specific technology but also allow you to work in it with wide variety of languages and technologies.

Back
Top Bottom