Internet explorer 6 pop up issue

danagol1990

Baseband Member
Hello.
I have an issue with internet explorer 6. When i click on a link which launches a pop up, instead of loading the pop up, the title bar of the internet explorer application flashes and nothing happens.
I have tried disabling, and re-enabling the popup blocker.
And even when i hold down the ctrl key to allow a popup, the same thing happens.
I have also tried a system restore to no avail.

I do not wish to install a later version of internet explorer, as it will change the icons in windows explorer which will not match the classic theme, neither do i wish to install a different web browser.

Any help is well appreciated.
Dan

Unfortunately, it sounds like the site you're visiting is not coded correctly. (It must be a really good website to justify a system restore!).

If you don't want to upgrade IE or install another browser, you're really limiting your options. Upgrading to one of those is your best option because lets face it, IE 6 is slowly dropping in market share, and the lower it drops, the fewer web-designers will tolerate it's bugs and eventually you won't be able to view any "newer" web-sites. Not to mention that IE6 has evolved into a bleeding hole of security flaws for your computer.

If you've disabled your popup blocker, and tried the control+click method, I would suggest that you view the web-site's source code and see if you can extract the url (assuming that is what happens) and copy/paste it into your url bar. At least this way you will be able to determine what is supposed to happen and perhaps manually perform the action.

Is this a site you're coding or visiting?

Also, if the only thing holding you back from upgrading to IE 7 are the icons, you can change the icon after you upgrade to look like the old IE 6 icons.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom