Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-11-2004, 05:17 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Im starting my own business

Look guys i repair local ppls computers,wat i do is i go around to their house and just do it, i think it is better if u go to them rather than them coming to you because then it cannot cause a dispute between the council. Mine is not a bussiness on paper there is no point, It is not like i make millions out of it, It is just somit i enjoy and i make a few quid out of it. If u want to set up a bussiness there is lots of factors involved.

Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM   #12
Beta Member

I don't know about in the UK, but here is what I did in the US. I went to lhe local Tax and Revenue office and applied for a business license. I am a Sole Proprietor and it is free for the first year. Then I went home and framed the license and put above my computer so I don't forget what I'm doing. Every year I go and renew it and the renewal fee is based on how much I made the previous year. As for fixing computers, you need some diagnostic tools and programs that you carry around with you. Whenever I fix a computer, if they bring it to me, I charge 1 rate, and if I make a house call I charge another. As for making flyers, Microsoft Word is a good tool. You can do all sorts of things to the text to make it stand out.

Star Computing is offline   Reply With Quote