I need an uptime monitor...

Flipper

BSOD
For free...not a cheap one that checks every 30 or 60 minutes...I need it in intervals of 1-5 minutes...I need to be able to monitor my websites downtime as specific as possible...any ideas?

you could create one with PHP, but you' have to run it on a different web server.

make it try to connect to your server, and return results to a database about what times of day it could, or couldn't access a server.

That is true, although I am not too good with PHP, just enough to understand what a script is doing.

Also, what if the server that I host it on is down? Then it will be inaccurate...

Quick question, if it is checking my webserver every single minute then it will definitely run up my bandwidth will it not?

Finally, is there a way to do it flat file? Without a database?

Code:
#include <iostream.h>

main()
{
    cout << "Hello World!";
    return 0;
}

An extremely leet script to monitor accurately your site's uptime. Enjoy

yes.
if you leave it going every minute then it will eat up your bandwidth.

but that also depends on the size of the file you are requesting.
make a simle HTML file with one charector in it, and make another script to request that file, or log an error mesage...

that way you'll only be downloadin 8 bytes, and your bandwidth will be relativly untouched.

also yes, you have to host the thing that check the uptime somewhere else, and if the server that host the uptime monitor goes down this will affect your uptime results.

why don't you just use www.netcraft.com?

Back
Top Bottom