How was Epicsnaps made?

Mike Anthony

Solid State Member
I'm sure most of you know of epicsnaps.com

I am pretty new to web programming and was wondering what would go into making a website like that?

Would you use a database to store all the picture info etc?

I want to create something similar but I am unsure as of how to go about it. Are there any web apps that can aid in the creation of a website such as epicsnaps?

Hmm that looks pretty interesting. Going to have to read through that for awhile and see if I can figure it out! Thanks!

If I were to take on the project programming it myself, do you think it would be hard for a first timer who tends to understand code pretty well?

Basically I really like how epicsnaps works. I would want users to be able to upload photos, me to verify them, then they would automatically get saved to where they need to be (I am assuming on the server) and then automatically displayed on the site. I was thinking the 20-30 latest thumbnail photos would be displayed on the main page then have a separate page for each photo with next/previous buttons etc. Would that be a lot of hard coding to do? I learn very quickly but I cannot figure out where to start with this.

If you're a beginner, and want to understand how it works, then I'd start off by trying to do it yourself. Scripts like Gallery2/3 are pretty complicated, and if you've not done much programming before, the source-code can be very over-whelming - you probably wouldn't learn an awful lot by looking at it without a bit of previous experience.

The site probably uses a database to store information about each picture - title, post date, tags, and filename. The image its self is unlikely to be stored in the Database, it's probably just the location of the image on the server that is stored.

I would like to do it myself. I'm not sure where to look to find resources for learning the code though.

I'm assuming the image would be stored on the server. So I would need a submit form so a user could submit a file, and I would have to "accept" the file and have it save to the server automatically, while storing the info as you said in the database.

Then I guess I would just need to code it so that the main page would display the latest X amount of pictures using the database info, and when a picture is clicked a new page is created with that specific picture.

Does that sound like a hard task to code especially for a beginner? Anywhere you know of that you could point me to look for help with this?

This is actually a very simple script. PHP would be your best bet for something like this. I could help you out, send me a PM.

Well,first you would draw a simple sketch then name it,call in in dream weaver In HTML And then Use JavaScript Code To Enlarge.Guess What,no Pixels!

Back
Top Bottom